|Plymouth Rock Assurance is a member of The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies which together write and manage over $1 billion in annual automobile and homeowners’ insurance premiums. Plymouth Rock Assurance is rated "A-/Excellent" for financial strength by the A.M. Best Company, the industry's premier rating service.
The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies employs approximately 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Our company was founded in 1982 on the premise that combining extraordinary underwriting rigor, unparalleled customer service, and teamwork by passionate, driven professionals will lead to high levels of sustainable success. These core values that were the foundation of our company continue to serve us well. We offer a stimulating and highly collegial work environment
This position will be critical in advancing our mission to drive profit-focused technical excellence within the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies. You will be a key member of the team that is responsible for the implementation of product changes by thoroughly testing each change.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
Key Responsibilities include:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Practical application ability with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading or supporting successful projects.
- Strong experience in user testing and project management.
- Basic knowledge of programming and utilizing query tools (SQL).
- Creative thinker with the ability to synthesize information from various sources and apply that information to business problems.
- Property & Casualty insurance knowledge is desired.
- Works with various Product teams to identify opportunities for improvement in department operations and processes.
- Gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements.
- Manages projects, develops project plans, and monitors performance of those projects.
- Interacts with our IT partners to ensure the Product is properly implemented.
- Tests the system and creates system documentation and user manuals.
- Evaluates business processes and requirements, uncovers areas for improvement and develops and implements solutions.
- Leads ongoing reviews of business processes and develops optimization strategies.
- Facilitates meetings to share ideas and findings.
- Effectively communicates your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Provides leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.