|Plymouth Rock Assurance is seeking an experienced Public Relations and Communication professional to support the development and execution of public relations and communications programs aimed at raising the visibility and reputation of the company’s brand. This position provides an opportunity for an integrated communications professional to work in in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on media relations and enterprise storytelling, corporate reputation management, brand building and multi-stakeholder communications. You will work collaboratively with teammates and leaders across the enterprise to lead various aspects of communications and planning approaches.
We are seeking a candidate that will bring insights, expertise and thought leadership to develop and execute our public relations and corporate reputation strategy. In this role, you will develop high quality written materials, including press releases, pitches, background materials, key messaging, internal communications and executive communications. You will drive story idea development, and work closely with the external media and internal social media team to drive and control communications that support our objectives. You will develop and nurture offline and online media relationships, pitch ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership, serve as a point of contact for media. This will include writing press releases, vetting media inquiries, setting up interviews, pitching stories, developing key messages aligned with the brand and preparing leaders for interviews. You may also act as the company spokesperson.
- In partnership with executive team, you will be responsible for developing the company response and guiding company strategy for crisis management.
- Manage the development and execution of an external communication plan to build the company’s reputation. This includes partnership on social media listening and management, reputation marketing and employer branding.
- Media train and prepare executives and subject matter experts for media interviews, as needed. Provide support for media and/or events including media relations management, logistics and on-site event management. Support internal communications with employees. This may include supporting leaders in delivering appropriate messages to employees in order to achieve organizational goals, as well as support for employee website content and employee events.
- Develop and execute internal and external communication plans for high visibility critical projects.
- Four-year degree (Communications, Journalism, or English preferred) or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience in the fields of media relations, corporate communications, journalism or public relations required. Agency experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with local, national and trade reporters with a keen understanding of social media and the news media on complex and other matters
- Experience with corporate reputation management to support the overall perception of the brand
- Confident with PR strategy and tactics; and providing strategic communications and counsel to executive management
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing start-up like environment
- Exceptional writing skills with a persuasive and confident approach , strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter and resourceful problem-solver
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively; proactive mindset
- Excellent communication skills; confidence in building a rapport with and nurturing good working relationships
About Plymouth Rock
Plymouth Rock is a growing and innovative insurance carrier that is disrupting the industry. The 35-year old Plymouth Rock writes $1.4 billion in premium for more than a million households in six states in the Northeast. We have more than 1,800 employees and more than $1 billion in capital and surplus that have earned top quartile credit ratings and industry-leading returns. We write auto and home insurance for more than a million customers through multiple distribution channels.