|Claims Director, Subrogation & First Reports|
|The Director provides business leadership and strong technical skills for the Claims organization. This position will oversee the Enterprise First Reports operation, Direct Subrogation and an inside Property team.
The Claims Director of Subrogation and First Reports is responsible for overseeing the activities of both units which are geared toward meeting the Claim Department's loss containment, service and expense related objectives. The Director is responsible for subrogation recoveries on all lines of business, budgeting, staff development, compliance, adherence to quality assurance guidelines, analysis of results and management of the 24/7 call center operation. The Director is also responsible for an inside PD team that includes auto and HO theft and contains the shared immediate action team for our Homeowner operation (Direct, IA and Bunker Hill).
The Director should be able to work both independently and partner with all levels of the organization. The Director should possess the ability to communicate and present innovative thoughts and modifications to the current operation.
• Ensure that internal controls are adhered to.
• Develop and adhere to annual budgets for the three units.
• Objectively assess and manage performance.
• Manage external relationships with other Plymouth Rock companies, agents and vendors.
• Continuously analyze results and make recommendations for improvement.
• Focus on continuous improvement of day to day operations.
• Oversee all facilities issues.
• Oversee annual performance review process.
• Make recommendations for promotions, salary activity and termination of employment as warranted.
• Prepare monthly report of results, activities and plans.
• Assess performance of outside vendors and counsel. Determine if changes are necessary.
• Promote teamwork through effective leadership.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Keep abreast of changes to legislation and case law impacting recovery operation.
• Set stand Enforces Company guidelines and procedures. Has a working knowledge of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New York regulatory claim handling guidelines and statutory regulations. Knowledge of regulatory requirements in other states is a plus.
• Manage FNOL process to provide optimal customer service, to include in periods of high volume or CATs that may occur within all areas of the Enterprise
• Set Standards and guidelines for customer interaction.
• Analyze data to determine trends, take corrective measures to improve results.
• Provide data to Product and Actuarial groups to develop recovery predictions.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
• Work with departments in the company and with external vendors to provide support for their processes and to ensure we are providing optimal service to our customers during times of high volume and cat losses that may occur within any company in our Enterprise.
• Work with other departments in the company to reduce severity via increasing subrogation recoveries on all lines.
• Attend industry conferences in order to remain current on developments and technology.
• Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university
• 10 years of claims or other applicable experience
• At least five years of management experience required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Products
• Working knowledge of Stream, FNOL, CMS, Polstar and ImageRight
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Would you like to apply to this job?