|Paralegal-Team lead (Garden City, NY office)|
|NY- Garden City|
The Team Lead Paralegal (Garden City, NY office) will provide leadership and support to the in-house legal team to assist with various litigation matters. The position supports three Attorneys and requires a candidate with a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Drafting pleadings, including motions, subpoenas, and deposition notices;
- Preparing responses to written discovery requests;
- Monitoring of Keeper of Records subpoena compliance;
- Coordinating expert records reviews and Medical Exams;
- Manage daily office operations, including supply stock and ordering, equipment maintenance, file archiving and local vendors;
- Screen all incoming mail;
- Diary deadline dates;
- Assisting with trial preparation;
- Addressing client and/or claim inquiries and concerns; and,
- Acting as liaison between attorneys and intern and delegating tasks as necessary;
-Use monitoring systems to effectively evaluate and impact performance;
-Provide feedback to management and staff in regards to file handling results;
-Demonstrate a thorough understanding of new hire training process and assume role of trainer as need to accommodate House Counsel needs;
-Execute tactics to ensure workforce efficiency and adherence to schedules;
-Perform QARs as directed by Management;
-Train, coach and motivate clerical staff to exceed set performance goals daily, weekly and monthly;
-Initiate and foster teamwork within the team to create and maintain an environment of partnership, quality service and superior organizational and analytical skills.
- College degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Relevant legal experience and knowledge of NY civil procedure preferred.
- Must be competent with basic Microsoft operating systems and programs.
- Must have strong interpersonal, typing, computer and phone skills.
About Plymouth Rock
Plymouth Rock is a leading auto insurance provider serving customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York and Pennsylvania. Tapping into its 35+ years of industry experience, Plymouth Rock has pioneered a new way to do car insurance for consumers. Combining the local knowledge and expertise of independent agents, with the power and ease of doing business online, Plymouth Rock has changed the insurance lifecycle by giving consumers choice – to do business the way they want.
Plymouth Rock is headquartered across from South Station in Downtown Boston, with offices across New England and New Jersey. With more than $1 billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, the Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,500 people and writes insurance through 800+ independent agents. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent.”
Would you like to apply to this job?